Elbląg, a Hanza city with a population of 128,000 and history dating back 770 years. The second largest urban area in Warmińsko-Mazurskie Voivodeship in north-eastern Poland, an important industrial, administrative and academic centre. Elbląg's strengths are:
* its location along express roads: Warsaw-Gdańsk and Kaliningrad-Western Europe,
* proximity of the largest border crossing to Kaliningrad Region: Grzechotki-Mamonowo II to be launched in 2006,
* location on the river of Elbląg, along international road and railway routes, provides free access to various forms of transport: road, railway and waterborne,
* new cargo terminal in the port equipped with modern infrastructure that provides access to all Baltic State ports,
* well-developed and effective educational system and a specialist training base provide local employers with well-qualified personnel,
* well-developed municipal infrastructure creates access to all media.